Baked Teriyaki Halibut (serves 4)
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (iChef)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1 clove chopped garlic
Foil packets (B):
4 halibut fillets (iChef)
1 red pepper (or other colours), seeded and cut into strips
½ white onion, sliced
Freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Spring onions, sesame seeds and Deep Fried Ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Mix all ingredients (A) in a bowl. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about two minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In the center of each foil square, lay 4 to 5 red pepper strips and few slices of onions. Place a halibut fillet on top. Spoon 3 tablespoons of teriyaki mixture over the halibut, covering it completely. Add a grind or two of black pepper to the fish, if desired.
- Fold edges over into a parcel. Repeat with remaining three packets.
- Place packets on baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Open packets (careful to avoid hot steam) and garnish with spring onions, sesame seeds and fried ginger
You may also use Cod or Salmon for this recipe.
Like us on FB at ichef.com.sg
Follow us on Instagram ichefseafood