Simple Seafood Paella (serves 4)
300g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (iChef)
200g white boiled clams (iChef)
1 squid tube
1 1/2 cups short grain rice (iChef)
1/2 large can diced tomatoes
500ml chicken broth
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 green capsicum, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
Chilli padi (optional)
Parsley for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Pan fry prawns and squid tube till half cooked and transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add onions. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and capsicum and chilli padi and tomatoes and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, turmeric, rice, and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until rice is tender and has absorbed almost all liquid.
- Add in prawns, squid and clams on the top
- Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Paprika and turmeric is a budget friendly replacement for saffron – giving a similar smoky flavour and colour.
Like us on FB at ichef.com.sg
Follow us on Instagram ichefseafood