Snow Crab Hot Pot (Kani Nabe) – Serves 3-4
1 kg snow crab
400g chopped Chinese long cabbage
1 block silken tofu
8 pcs cut carrot
1 pkt enoki mushrooms
8 pcs fresh shiitake mushrooms
1 pkt of shimeiji mushrooms
1 stalk leek chopped
1 pkt udon or ramen (optional)
1 egg (optional)
few stalks of spring onion (chopped)
(B) Soup base
100 ml of Tsuyu Sauce
900-1L of water
1. In a pot, combine Tsuyu Sauce and water together, bring to a boil and set aside.
2. In a claypot or steamboat pot, arrange (A) nicely.
3. Place the noodles on top and pour the broth into the pot.
4. Cover the hotpot and bring it to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and add egg (optional) let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.
alternatively, you may use salmon or pork shabu shabu or wagyu beef. As well as our other soup bases such as kimchi, miso or chicken soup.
Like us on FB at ichef.com.sg
Follow us on Instagram ichefseafood