White Clams with Fermented Black Beans (Serves 2)
500 grams clams (iChef)
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp clam juice (or water)
1 tbsp Hua Diao wine
2 stalks spring onions (scallions) cut to 5cm (2 inch) length
2 shallots finely chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
2 slices ginger minced
2 chilli padi (bird’s eye chili) sliced thinly; to taste
1/2 tbsp fermented black beans rinsed, patted dry & mashed slightly with a fork
Salt and pepper to taste
Chinese parsley (optional)
- Defrost the clams in a bowl
- Pour out the clam juice into a separate bowl
- Heat cooking oil in wok. Add shallots, garlic, ginger, chilli and fermented black beans. Stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add spring onions, Chinese wine, clam juice (or water), salt and pepper to taste.
- Add clams and cover the wok for about 30 seconds.
Using clam juice adds a natural sweetness and taste of the sea to the dish
Like us on FB at ichef.com.sg
Follow us on Instagram ichefseafood